Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Time of My Life

Last May I experienced some life altering experiences. Ending another engagement, moving to a new state where I knew absolutely no one (again) and starting a new job. I was stressed, scared and just a bit lost. But with the help of my family and closest friends I made it through everything and am a stronger person today. After some time I became adjusted to my new life and I decided I needed a change. I had spend the last 8 years in back to back long term relationships and I never spent any time with me. So there I was deciding what to do and I was inspired to see the world. Instantly I logged online and began searching for ideas of places to go. I decided that I needed to do this for me and with me alone. So where could I go that I could feel comfortable by myself, I knew the language and I had endless possibilities of things to keep me occupied: London!! So I booked a flight and a room and the rest was history. September finally came and I was off having the time of my life, experiencing the city and everything it had to offer. Shopping in Covent Garden, taking tours, visiting attractions, visiting pubs, and meeting a cute Brit too. I fell in love with the city and still think maybe I will move there.




After my trip, I decided that this was just the beginning. Within days of my return I booked another trip, this time to Madrid. Now although I speak Spanish enough...I decided I wasn't sure if I could do this one alone. So I was lucky enough to have my favorite cousin, G, join me on this trip. Which we just returned from last night. Madrid was beautiful and we were lucky enough to experience some of the amazing aspects the city had to offer; flamenco dancing, classic Spanish cuisine at the oldest restaurant in the world, musuems, crazy flea market in Rastro, tapas, churros con chocolate and wine, wine and more wine.




Each trip is like a drug and I am fully addicted. So where next? I think Paris in the fall sounds like the perfect combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment